Horton's Happenings

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

10 Years.....Where Did It Go???

I remember the nerves.....thinking to myself, "Oh dear God!  What am I doing?  I have no clue what I am supposed to do?  I am only 25 years old!!"  Yes, those were just a few thoughts that I had the night I walked into Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital 10 years ago today.  You see, I became a mommy that day and I was scared out of my mind!!  My dream, as a little girl, was to grow up and meet my prince charming.  We would have three children and I would stay home to take care of them while he went off to work during the day.  We would have the "Leave it to Beaver" type home and family.  LOL!!!!!  The things we dream of as children are quite hilarious.  Well, my dream came true on November 1, 2001, as I looked down into the eyes of a blue eyed princess straight from heaven.  Somehow when I looked down into those eyes God erased all my fears and replaced them with an abundance of love.  I didn't want her out of my sight!  Even the nurses at the hospital would beg to take her to the nursery just so I could get some rest.  My answer every time was a quick, "no".  The first 2 years she was stuck to my hip and we did everything together.  Now my blue eyed princess is 10 years old and this morning she walked out of my house in a quick sprint to the car so she could make it to school on time.  My heart melted as she turned around and told me bye and a quick, "I love you mom!"  My dad would always say, "they step on your toes when they are younger but on your heart when they are older."  That is so very true!  She no longer steps on my toes but can cause my heart to skip a beat when she looks across a room and gives me a quick smile.  When she hugs me a tear swells up in my eye each time.  That girl will someday (when she has my amazing grandchildren) will know how much the small looks, smiles, and "I love yous!" mean.  I could go on and on about her and how awesome I think she is.:)  I mean, I am her mom.:)  My heart is overflowing with love and thankfulness today!  Thank you dear sweet Jesus for making me a mother, not just of three children like I dreamed of as a child, but of four amazing beautiful little people!!  I LOVE being their mother!!!  Faith, I am so proud to be called your mother!  Today is your special day and these have been the best 10 years of my life!!!!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!!!  Go get em' girl!!!!
(This is a pic of Faith when she was 5 years old.  She had just finished being a flower girl in a wedding.)

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post, Larinda! And Happy Birthday to Faith--she's so precious and we miss her a lot! I remember that day this photo was taken, too, she was so adorable!

    ReplyDelete